The Photos On My Wall

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sometimes



Sometimes...
Sometimes I just want the ideal. I want a guy who'll call me late at night just to hear my voice. I want a guy who'll be walking down the street and pick a bunch of flowers to remind me that summer, surf, fun and loving are on their way. I want a guy who'll send me poetry, whether he writes it or quotes it. I want a guy whose idea of a great night out is a secluded spot on a beach, under the stars, or listening to the whisper of trees in the wind, while lying on our backs in the grass. I want a guy who plays sport and who understands that weekends aren't just for parties. I want a guy whose idea of a holiday is escaping the noise of the city, and getting back to basics, not just expensive, pampered, lazy days. I want a guy who'll smile at me, just to see me smile in return. I want a guy who smiles when he sees me holding a child in my arms, so one who checks his back pocket for prophylactics. I want a guy who give those dreamy love songs new meaning. I want a guy who'll keep my photo on his dresser and his wallet. I want a guy who'll make me laugh out loud for no reason, just because life is good because he loves me. I want a guy who sees a beautiful sunset and wishes I was there beside him. I want a guy who believes that friendship comes first, in any relationship. I want a guy who won't tell me to call back later because the footy's on. I want a guy who'll show me respect, even in front of his friends. Even when we're alone. I want a guy who hopes for forever, but lives for each day. I want a guy who'll tell everyone he loves me. I want a guy who knows what I mean, and listens to what I say. I want a guy who loves me with all his heart. I want a guy who wants me.
Sometimes.



My knees start to shake,

When you’re in sight.
My mind is filled with wonder,
My heart with fright.

When will this feeling stop?
When did it start?
How can I listen to my mind,
Without breaking my heart?

I’m so confused.
What should I do?
I can’t think of anything except you and you.

Should I ignore you,
Or just give it time?
I can’t think straight,
My heart controls my mind.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home